Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Scratch Day 1: Introduction to Scratch

1. Nothing with scratch was too surprising. I was surprised to see that over five million projects have been shared, especially for a site I haven't heard of before today.
2. Going step by step when first being introduced to something is beneficial when what you are doing is especially hard, but with my background of doing different activities online I think I could have done without a tutorial for scratch. I still think it was helpful, however, because it basically is an overview of all the basics of scratch, which is good to hear when you're first starting out.
3. As a learner, I prefer to have structure when certain guidelines need to be met or when we're first starting out a new program. Freedom and creativity come when I've mastered the program and I don't need to be looking off a piece of paper for help. I think once I've learned the ins and outs of a program it's easier for me to make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment