Friday, June 6, 2014

Scratch Day 5: Conversations

For the conversations piece of this unit, I created this project by focusing on the "broadcast" feature, rather than using the "wait" block excessively. For remixing the penguins, I merely changed most of the "wait" blocks to "broadcast" and "when I receive" blocks. If I were to describe broadcasting to someone, I would say it's the feature of allowing sprites to have realistic feeling conversations with one another, that would take less time than trying to figure out how to put "wait" blocks in the project, and for how long. Timing would be used if the conversation between the two sprites was not going back and forth, if there was more action in between. Broadcasting would be used if the conversation was straight back and forth between the two sprites.


No comments:

Post a Comment